Pages

Friday, October 7, 2022

Ready for Fall & Halloween

So we established that I love the Fall. I love that I can wear long sleeves and sweaters and the cooler weather. I love the smells in the air, the color of the changing leaves, and Halloween.

When I say I love Halloween, I really mean I love cute, spooky Halloween. I don't do the fright and gore. But I love cutesy Halloween. I love the kids getting excited about dressing up and going trick or treating. I love doing the Truck or Treats around town. 

This year, I'm excited to decorate. We've had some small decorations we've always put out, but we've gotten more. Last year, we didn't decorate because it didn't make sense since we were packing to move. We've also talked about trick-or-treating around our neighborhood this year and taking turns passing out our own candy. We've never had trick-or-treaters. Our old apartment complex was mostly college students and young adults without families, and our old house was on a hectic highway. Now that we're in a subdivision, we're excited to see what it's like here. Apparently, one of the houses puts on a tiny little carnival with games and treats. 

The kiddos picked out their costumes this past weekend. Joey wasn't sure that he wanted to dress up this year. He's growing up on us. He did end up getting something to dress up a little, though. The girls are super excited about their picks. But you'll have to wait and find out what they picked in the coming weeks! Any guesses? 

No comments:

Post a Comment